PURPOSE OF JOB
The Advanced Energy National Accounts Representative is responsible for attaining and exceeding the established sales and profitability targets for the Advanced Energy business in Canada. Through a combination of direct sales and development of a distribution channel (market dependent), this person will work directly with customers as their primary contact to grow the AE business in Canada.
Working in partnership with the Sr. Marketing Manager, ST and the Sr. Business Manager, ST, they will help to analyze the markets for the AE product lines and execute the devised strategy for growth in multiple markets and provinces across Canada. This position will work in partnership across multiple Medtronic businesses (ST, CRDM, Spine, etc) and will also work both directly with customers and in concert with distributors where appropriate.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide primary support for customer evaluations, training, clinical (intraoperative) support for existing and new customers, and distributors as required.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the various AE markets and understand who the key operators are in the clinical and non-clinical arena (Finance, Hospital Administration etc.).
- Responsible for developing a strong distributor network in the identified markets and will ensure that the distributor directs the required level of resources to support the business strategy.
- On their own or in conjunction with distributors, builds strong and lasting business relationships with key decision makers influential in the purchasing process.
- Performs all activities to maximize sales (in line with the sales strategy) from product introduction, education, OR evaluation, to contract negotiation.
- Attends, participates and communicates about presentations in key professional congresses and events as required.
- Provides necessary guidance and knowledge about the reimbursement environment as well as the patient referral pathways.
- Provides market feedback and strategic input for future business opportunities.
- Develop solid relationships with customers and look to create new and develop existing key opinion leaders for the main market segments, Oncology, EP, Plastics, Spine, and Orthopedics in Canada.
- Maintains and constantly updates knowledge of new products, technology, market, sales tools and processes.
- University degree preferably in Science or Business.
- Extended knowledge of the specialties served by the AE technologies.
- Minimum 5-7 years of business experience in the health care field
- Proven track record in medical technology/capital equipment sales arena
- Experience working and selling in an operating room environment
- Experience in dealing with members of the medical profession and customers as well as key opinion leaders
- Strong organizational and time management ability
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to absorb complex technical product knowledge
- Experience with technical product support
- Ability to work across teams and develop strong business relationships.
- Strong influence management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple product areas and multiple customer call points.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Proven ability to build business “from the ground up” and succeed at new challenges.
- Proven business interest and acumen
- Networking skills
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Computer literature - MS Word, Excel, Outlook
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ability to travel approximately 30-50% of the time
- Acquires and continuously strives to improve all necessary professional selling skills including Value Based Selling techniques.
- Familiarity with human anatomy and physiology
- Experience in the energy market for medical devices
- Experience with cardiac, oncology, plastic surgery, spine/ortho