Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
This position will focus on software user interface design architecture. The Sr. User Experience Designer will demonstrate UI design leadership, working with product managers and software developers to drive user experience solutions that are innovative, highly usable, enhance user satisfaction and have significant impact to the business.
• Translate user and business needs and technical capabilities into dynamic and innovative products that provide the best possible user experience.
• Participate in user research and usability testing to help improve the product through every stage of the product lifecycle. This includes analyzing the data, documenting evaluation methods and results, and presenting design recommendations to the development team.
• Create UI designs that scale across multiple product lines and applications.
• Develop user scenarios and personas to model user types, actions, goals and expectations.
• Rapid prototyping and ideation using wireframes, flow diagrams, Flash, storyboarding and paper prototypes.
• Plan and conduct end user validation testing, including user recruiting, designing and conducting usability tests, summarizing and communicating results.
• Develop guidelines and standards that can be implemented to maintain consistency and reusability.
• Promote user-centered design processes and ensure that they are integrated into the product development lifecycle.
• Collaborate with graphic specialists to support visual style standards.
• Document form and behavior and develop functional interaction specifications.
• Be willing to travel as necessary.
BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Psychology, Computer Science or related field.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years professional design experience practicing a user-centered design methodology
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Experience designing for multi-platform applications (e.g. standalone platforms, tablets, mobile)
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively in an agile development environment
• Strong interpersonal and excellent presentation skills in internal and customer forums
• Experienced with software tools for design, diagramming, prototyping, image manipulation
• Exceptional knowledge of human factors and graphic design
• Creative with a strong visual design sense
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE DESIRED
• Experience working with software teams
• Able to provide samples of work demonstrating UI design and applying user-centered design principles
• Experience in a regulated industry
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.