Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Provides clinical, technical and product knowledge support to existing and potential customers. Builds and maintains solid customer relationships and provides customer training at all levels. Is responsible for key customer reports as required to support Medtronic Navigation and ENT IGS products and service.
• Coordinate, schedule and conduct on-site installations with our customers and sales force.
• Responsible for the completion of all surveys and pegboard scans required for quotation and installation.
• Represents Medtronic during image-guided surgeries to provide technical assistance.
• Repairs system hardware and software to maximize system performance.
• Installs software and hardware upgrades.
• Performs system preventative maintenance.
• Provides telephone clinical support to customers.
• Uses UNIX/LINUX commands to modify operating files.
• Fulfills Software and Service Contract obligations.
• Acts as the primary Medtronic customer liaison for repair and technical support issues.
• Provides timely information to the district team regarding customer concerns, issues and market opportunities.
• Calls sites proactively to assess satisfaction and usage levels of products.
• Maintains familiarity with status of calls and issues at customer sites.
• Manages field complaint activity through to full resolution
• Files weekly site visit and customer contact reports for service improvement purposes
• Educates and trains physicians and hospital personnel – OR, Radiology, Central Sterile Processing, Biomedical and Information Technologies – on technical matters relating to our image guided surgery products.
• Provides a clinical resource for surgeons, clinicians and others being trained.
• Updates customers on tips, shortcuts and suggestions, as appropriate.
• Participates in in-house sponsored customer training at designated sites.
• Provides training and resources for hospital staff to enable them to conduct training for their personnel (train the trainer).
• Assists Sales Management and In-house Training departments in educating/training new sales representatives and Clinical Specialists.
• Represents Medtronic during surgical evaluations and demonstrations involving Surgical Technologies products by attending cases and instructing physicians during clinical procedures, as directed by the Regional Sales Director.
• Introduces and/or demonstrates more complex, new image-guided products and applications to physicians and hospital staff.
• Demonstrates image guided surgery products on the show floor and technical suites during major national surgeon meetings.
• Works as a team member with the Regional Sales Director to prioritize customer technical support and service expectation goals.
• Provides potential leads for new products, opportunities and customers to the Area Sales Manager(s) that are uncovered during the course of product demonstrations, evaluations and training.
• Provide input on new product development based on in-field experience.
• Responsible for documentation at new or existing installations
• 2+ years directly related experience with Bachelors
• 1+ years directly related experience with Masters
• 5+ years directly related experience with AS or equivalent certifications (eg, Surgical Tech, etc.) OR
• 8+ years directly related experience
• B.S. in Nursing, Science or Technical Discipline
• Prior experience with Computer Assisted Surgery.
• Operating room experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.