Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The Sr. Project Analyst will be responsible for cross-functional project team lead and completion of various project tasks for programs related to the Continuous Glucose Monitoring Business Unit. This role will complete tasks with various cross-functional resources including product development, quality, operations, clinical, regulatory and commercial team members. This person will also serve as a liaison between the Core Team Leader, project team, and functional management. Assignments may include the review status of projects with the team and leadership, budget review; scheduling and preparation of status reports. Monitoring and coordinating the project from initiation through delivery as directed by Core Team Leader.
This role will also be responsible for organizing and coordinating interdepartmental activities which include project meetings, publishing detailed minutes consisting of action items and deliverables, developing and updating presentations for projects and program status, in addition to ensuring completion of assigned projects to an agreed upon schedule created by key functional contributors from the team. Incumbent will:
• Ensure projects are run in compliance with the Design Control SOP or their subordinate DOP’s and facilitate the completion of all Phase reviews.
• Act as an interface and conduit across company-wide functional organizations to meet and facilitate compliance with required project timelines.
• Interface and assist team members in achieving corporate goals and other related project tasks.
• Coordinate projects as assigned and provide support for initiatives in various functional areas which may include field efforts and customer facing activities.
This role will also have responsibilities that may include external customer or development partner interactions along with national and international travel. Examples may feature identifying and communicating requirements with physicians or external suppliers.
• Examples of projects responsibilities include:
o Working with leadership to complete project phases and coordinating audit activities
o Maintaining strict compliance to Design Control Procedures
o Creating and maintaining detailed Project Schedule(s)
o Schedule and coordinating project meetings and design reviews
o Publish project action items and meeting minutes which track deliverables and open items
o Provide input and lead team engagement and motivation strategies
o Ensure project deliverables meet requirements (Regulatory, Corporate, Notified Body and UL, as required)
o Providing leadership for the design and development of additional software tools for early customers (includes field research)
o Updating program status reports for the leadership team for various forums
o Facilitating the intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers and team members
• Other general responsibilities include:
o Supporting the Clinical Department in the organization of various Clinical Initiatives
o Supporting the Business Development activities related to partnerships and development efforts
o Research and maintenance of competitive activities and information
o Assisting the Regulatory Department in completion and ongoing management of Notified body submissions
o Develop professional detailed documents that are high quality and thorough in relation to various aspects of the Critical Care program (examples include Pricing and Return guidelines)
o Provide input and coordinate team engagement and motivation strategies
o Interface with cross-functional groups, aligning priorities to achieve a common end goal
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present information to cross functional audiences and management.
• Commitment to working in a collaborative and dynamic research field.
• Strong time management and prioritization skills are required for management of multiple projects; Adaptability to rapidly changing priorities.
• Six years minimum prior related experience as a project analyst/lead analyst.
• Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external customers/vendors.
• Proficiency with office equipment (computer terminal, calculator, copier, fax, etc.).
• Must have proficient PC application skills, including Excel and Word.
• High degree of initiative and self motivation.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific data.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 10%
• Directly applicable Project/Program Management work experience within a healthcare or medical device setting
• Engineering or technical degree strongly preferred.
• Prior work experience in a regulated industry (medical device, pharma, aerospace, defense).
• SAP and Microsoft Project expereince preferred.
• Master’s degree in relevant disciplines (MBA, MHA, MSN, etc.)
• More than six years of related experience as a project analyst/lead analyst.
• Experience with efficiency/ workflow analysis including Six Sigma training
• The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, communicate with peers and co-workers, and sit for prolonged periods of time doing computer based work.
• Work in clean room environment (wear gloves, eye protection/bonnet/gown) may be required.
• Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Typical office and lab working environments.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.