Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Medtronic’s Cardiac Rhythm and Disease Management (CRDM) division is looking for a motivated engineer to work in a system engineering role for product development. Medtronic CRDM is the industry leader and our products are complex engineering systems (An implanted pacer, for instance, can transmit device status and diagnostics remotely to a physician for years). The
Position Responsibilities will include system definition, verification and validation for CRDM products. The position offers excellent opportunity for an engineer interested in translating customer needs to reliable and successful products. Candidates with exposure to system engineering practice in industry are requested to apply.
• System engineering activities which include a) identification of customer needs, b) system definition by translating customer needs into engineering requirements, c) system architecture, partitioning, and development, d) system verification and validation
• Bachelor's degree with 2+ years experience in industry or 1+ years with a graduate degree in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or System engineering
• Understanding of combined hardware, software system architecture, demonstrated by either coursework or work in industry
• Understanding of systems requirements, requirement tracing to subsystems and interface requirements
• Understanding of Verification and Validation strategy
• Demonstrated ability for independent work
• Demonstrated domain knowledge and understands applications to assigned projects.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement by studying and applying technical advances in area of expertise
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others on cross-functional teams
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Understanding of system architecture for products involving hardware, software, communication and mechanical components
• Experience with Cardiac Rhythm Management products
• Familiarity with Design for Six Sigma or related product development processes
• Understanding of system engineering deliverables for industrial product development
• Environment: office, some laboratory work, wears gloves, eye protection, chemicals, solvents, electricity.
• Mobility/dexterity: stand/sit/walk 6-8 hours per day. Vision: work with LCD monitors up to 8 hours per day.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.