Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Primary focus will be to work in a data center environment to maintain smooth operation of Medtronic’s global IT Systems. This position will be Monday to Thursday 6:00 pm to 06:00 am; there will be NO weekend shifts.
This position will utilize enterprise monitoring tools to identify technology issues across multiple technologies. Focus is on proactively identifying and taking steps to prevent issues that could adversely impact production systems. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving basic technical and production issues as they occur. Also responsible for documenting issues and engaging appropriate IT specialists as needed.
• Works as part of a Global Command Center operation.
• Analyzes and monitors a production batch job schedule to prevent and/or assist with resolution of application processing problems.
• Executes each process according to production schedules and works with operational tools (i.e. Tivoli Workload Scheduler, change control, etc.) to ensure quality job processing.
• Ensures all pre-processing, job-processing, and post-processing deadlines are met.
• Monitors the status of, and recognizes when problems occur with, all computer systems and networks.
• Refers to flowcharts and other process documentation to determine the cause of a problem.
• Provides support for Windows servers, including installing and configuring systems, applying operating system patches and upgrades, and troubleshooting issues.
• Trouble shoots and takes the necessary corrective action for level one and level two problems in order to resume production processing.
• Performs quality assurance steps on all computer processing activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness. For example, monitors processing jobs to ensure all steps are executed and abnormal job terminations are handled in a timely manner.
• Performs successfully and provides mentorship to Computer Operators in a high availability, highly integrated computing environment serving the business processing needs.
• Completes all logs and reports necessary for effective Data Center operations.
• Communicates pertinent information to appropriate personnel during shift turn over or during problem situations.
• Responsible for ensuring proper processes are followed regarding physical access to the data center.
• Will be asked to develop knowledge, and support additional technologies and platforms as the needs of the Command Center dictate.
• Adheres to established service levels, processes and procedures.
• High School Graduate/GED
• 4 years of IT experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OR SKILLS:
• Extensive knowledge of TWS & TDWS version 8.4 or higher.
• Basic skills in SAP - Batch Job Definition establishment and modification (SM36 & SM37). SAP Print Queue setup and trouble shooting.
• General understanding of System Operations on AS400 (iSeries) including maintenance, PTF’s, IPL’s and experiences in ROBOT schedule with ALDON (code promotion tool on AS400).
• Data Center or Command Center experience
• Printer and peripheral configuration (Windows, AS400, SAP)
• Be able to assist in lifting & moving hardware, cables and other Datacenter peripherals.
• Experience & knowledge across other technologies outside of those highlighted under Technical Requirements and willing to learn & built various technical skills for development purpose.
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to Collaborate & communicate effectively with various groups of individuals
• Must have the ability document complex issues and procedures.
• Work under stressful environment and ability to work effectively in a team environment and multi-task.
• Firm understanding of IT Change Management policies and processes.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
• The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
• Must be able to lift or move (i.e. computers, servers, etc.) weighing up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to travel independently to various Medtronic buildings/sites