Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Provide technical, educational and sales support to assist the district in meeting brady and tachy sales and customer service objectives. CRDM seeks candidates who will meet our customer expectations by striving without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products, processes and systems by being accountable, having a voice, and taking action.
1. Technical Support: (a) Represents Medtronic during surgeries and implants of products to provide troubleshooting and other technical assistance. (b) Provides technical support with reprogrammings and follow-ups in hospitals and clinics. (c) Provides support with field clinical investigations in assigned institutions. Ensures completion of necessary documentation. (d) Receives technical inquiries by telephone. Researches solutions to questions or problems (e.g., pacing system malfunctions, product selection issues, when appropriate, etc.) (e) Provides on call support as needed for surgeries, reprogrammings, troubleshooting, follow-up enrollments, etc. on evenings and weekends.
2. Educational Support: (a) Educates and trains physicians, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to our products and pacing through conducting and/or coordinating: 1. One-on-one training sessions. 2. In-service education programs. 3. Seminars and/or outside symposiums. (b) Assists DM and in-house training department in educating/training new Clinical Specialists and sales representatives. (c) Provides training and resources for hospital staff to enable them to conduct training for their personnel ("train the trainer").
3. Sales Support: (a)During/following cases: 1.Completes necessary documentation (e.g., implant registration) and phone calls (customer service). 2. Updates sales representatives concerning cases. Immediately notifies representatives regarding issues or problems requiring follow-up. 3. Serves as effective Medtronic representative to physicians and support staff regarding Medtronic products, service and support. (b) Manages inventories (consignment, trunk and district office, loaner products) and provides support with rotation and delivery to optimize customer service and efficiency. (c) Promotes CareLink enrollments at time of implants. (d) Advises physicians involved in setting up or evaluating pacing operations in their hospitals or clinics.
(e) Following district guidelines, requests and obtains purchase orders after implants. (f) Conducts regular unsolicited calls to hospitals or clinics. (g) Maintains current knowledge regarding pacing, Medtronic programs, products and services and competitive products. (h) Maintains open, effective communication with all district personnel, customers and other Medtronic employees.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
•An Associate’s Degree in engineering, nursing, biology, chemistry or exercise physiology field PLUS a minimum three years of work experience in the healthcare or engineering field.
•A Bachelor’s degree PLUS a minimum of two years of work experience in the healthcare or engineering field.
•A Bachelor’s degree in biomedical, electrical or mechanical engineering PLUS a minimum of one year of work experience in the healthcare or engineering field.
• A Bachelor's degree and currently enrolled in a certificate program from a pacing school like ATI or PrepMD
Preferred for Clinical Specialist
•Preference will be given to local qualified candidates and candidates with Medtronic experience.
•B.A./B.S. Degree in nursing, cardiovascular, life sciences, engineering or technical discipline with minimum of three years work experience in technical field, engineering, hospital/clinic or sales.
•Proven track record with technical training assignments.
•Experience in a cath lab, in biomedical engineering, in a hospital/clinic or medical sales.
•Ability to work with many different customers from varying backgrounds.
•If the final candidate has 4 years of clinical specialist experience with a medical device pacing company and at least 2 more years of related healthcare experience or 5 years of clinical specialist experience with a medical device pacing company then the position will be filled at the Senior Clinical Specialist level.
•If the final candidate has 7 years of clinical specialist experience with a medical device pacing company and at least 2 more years of related healthcare experience or 9 years of clinical specialist experience with a medical device pacing company, then the position will be filled at the Principal Clinical Specialist level
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent required travel to customer clinics, hospitals and offsite meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Physical Job Requirements:
• Continuous verbal and written communication.
• Frequent 2-handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the same level.
• Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
• Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation
• Ability to wear 7-9 lbs of lead for extended periods of time while in the OR
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, PC, keyboard and mouse
• Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
• Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy.
• Ability to travel extensively with ease (approx. 10% of time)
• Must be able to drive approximately 80% of the time within assigned territory.
• Environmental exposure to infectious disease and radiation.
• Clinical Specialists are required to be within their assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise. Clinical Specialists are periodically required to work weekends, evenings and nights. Clinical Specialists serve as a primary resource for scheduled and on-call assignments and as a back up to sales representatives during unassigned weekends, evenings and nights.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.