Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Provide manufacturing engineering support for post-market released Neuromodulation products by partnering with Research and Development (R&D), Change Control Boards (CCB), Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) owners and various vertical, pilot and final manufacturing operations.
• Ensure personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are personally applicable. Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work.
• Support R&D or Operations CAPA activities with manufacturing engineering support that augments support from the various Neuromodulation vertical, pilot and final manufacturing operations. Activities include investigation/root cause identification, and development and implementation of corrective/preventive actions.
• Provide Neuromodulation Global Operations manufacturing engineering consultation and oversight for post-market product and manufacturing changes. Activities include Change Control Planning and Functional Reviews of changes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub assemblies and final assemblies.
• Provide manufacturing engineering support to Value Analysis and Engineering activities to reduce cost and increase value of products and manufacturing processes. Activities include definition, planning and execution of changes.
• At least 5 years of industry experience with BS in Engineering or at least 3 years of experience with a MS Degree in Engineering.
• Working knowledge of Class III medical device engineering.
• Process development experience such as FMEA, IQ, Characterization, OQ, PQ, TMV.
• Knowledge and use of Minitab, DOE, GR&R, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing.
Familiar with 2D and/or 3D X-ray equipment/processes
Experience using structured CAPA or DMAIC processes.
• Technical writing and project planning.
• Familiarity with Medtronic systems, policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge and experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (FactoryWorks), Data Analytics, Spotfire.
• Lean manufacturing, line balancing.
• Project or Program Management experience or PMI PMP certification.
• Design for Reliability and Manufacturability (DRM) Blackbelt.
Experience with welding, soldering, tool design, molding, DFMA, and assembly/micro-assembly methods.
• Novice Spanish speaking.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.