Especialista Salud Ocupacional
- 1700025L Requisition #
- Feb 13, 2017 Post Date
As a global leader in Medical Technology, services and
solutions, Medtronic improves the lives and health of millions of people each
year. We use our deep clinical, therapeutic and economic expertise to address
the complex challenges faced by healthcare system today. Let´s take healthcare
Further, Together. Learn more at www.medtronic.com
Represents the Organizational unit as a prime internal and external contact on contracts or operations related to Health and safety.
· Conducts briefings and technical meetings for the employees regarding safety and health issues
· Accomplish with the legal requirements stablish for the country.
· Responsible for successful operation of activities of major significance to the organization.
· In addition to managing daily operational activities, is concerned about overall EHS budget, schedules and performance standards are realistically set and attained.
· Develops and manages comprehensive employee health and safety programs development, including ergonomic injury reduction, industrial safety management, waste management, air emissions, wastewater discharge, and energy monitoring.
· Establishes systems for the monitoring of workplace safety risks and environmental impacts through the analysis of work processes, materials, equipment and the work habits of employees.
· Identifies potential or actual areas of non-compliance through audits or inspections.
· Ensures appropriate corrective action and preventive action is taken to address non-conformance issues.
· Develops and executes EHS training programs for employees in areas, such as, regulated EHS training, hazardous material safety and handling, emergency response, waste management, and life safety.
· Manages complex EHS job functions for duties such as job safety analyses/risk assessments, EHS training, workplace incident analyses, industrial hygiene evaluations, EHS inspections, environmental regulatory reporting, data collection / analysis and internal audits.
· Partner with business functions to resolve complex problems.
· Selects and applies professional EHS principles, theories and concepts and uses independent judgment to develop and design practical solutions to complex EHS issues
· Responsible for emergency response, spill response plans, and disaster preparedness plans, materials and equipment. Oversees the facility emergency response team to ensure appropriate training, practices drills and equipment are in a ready state. Primary EHS contact for facility EHS emergencies.
· Responsible for monitoring employee exposure to chemical and other toxic substances and physical hazards, including Industrial Hygiene (IH) sampling and coordinating the activities with Industrial Hygienists, and other safety consultants as required.
· Selects trains and monitors the work of all functional area EHS Representatives.
· Participated in Corporation’s projects related to Construction of new facilities, repair and maintenance of ventilation systems etc. as assigned.
· Acts as the Corporation’s chief resource with Ministries of Labour and Environmental for all matters related to Environmental Health & Safety
· Develops and Provides EHS training to staff through various methodologies and maintains all EHS training records.
Liaises with Corporate EHS on all related issues, provides quarterly reports, and participates in EHS Standards development and review process.
· Professional in life science or related carreers with professional card in Occupational Health .
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety in Colombia, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience in Environmental Health & Safety.
· Ability to communicate clearly (verbal & written) in English. Has excellent communication skills and provides education and training to the organization as required to assure sustainable programs and processes within EHS responsibilities of the business.
· Uses judgment in data analysis to develop and design solutions to resolve complex EHS regulatory and technical issues.
· Has excellent Presentation skills
· Acute attention to details
· Proficiency with computers including MS software and order entry systems.
· Ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
· Ability to work independently as well with limited supervision.
· Investigative mind to pro-actively search for information needed.
· Excellent problem solving ability.
· Must be Customer focused, Results oriented and have ability to think strategically.