- 170005JI Requisition #
- 5 days ago Post Date
Primarily responsible for repair and maintenance of CNC and conventional machinery, routine plant maintenance, including air supply, electrical and systems installation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Works at ceiling heights on lights, transformers, ducts, pipes, fans, motors, and doors.
· Works under machinery spaces as low as 18 inches to make adjustments or repairs.
· Operates a fork lift truck, boom lift, and an electric scissors lift.
· And/or other duties as may be required.
· Reads micrometer, calipers, blueprints, and electrical schematics.
· Keeps maintenance records on all machinery as required.
· Moves machinery as required.
· Performs preventative maintenance tasks as outlined in the daily maintenance log books and maintenance schedules.
· Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
· Assist in maintaining accurate history of parts maintenance
· Trouble shoots and determines repair parts and procedures to return machine to production status.
· Repairs and maintains machinery, mechanical equipment, and lift trucks.
· Installs or repairs pipe systems that carry water, air, or other liquids and gases needed for sanitation, production, or other uses.
· Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, appliances, heating, refrigeration, and HVAC units.
· Sets up and operates mills, lathes, drill press, grinders, welder, and other metal working machinery to make and repair machine parts.
· Repairs, installs, and maintains electrical systems and equipment such as motors, transformers, wiring, switches, and CNC controls.
· Locates and repairs malfunctions using test equipment such as volt/OHM meter and oscilloscope. Installs wiring in accordance with N.E.C. regulations.
· Assists supervisor in training maintenance personnel.
· Diagnoses and repairs PC board level machine control problems.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude
Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
Willingness to actively participate in continuous improvement activities
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME:
- Must have HS Diploma/GED
- 2 years experiance of CNC Machine repair
- Minimum of 3 years experience in machine installation, modification, and equipment repair.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems, including materials and products that are required
- Must be able to use maintenance equipment skillfully. These are required for practical applications with electrical components, wood, plastics, metals, and building materials
- Must have knowledge of MSDS, Hazardous chemicals and Hazardous Waste Procedures (including training, disposition and manifests.)
- Must have complete knowledge of plant safety
- Must have basic computer knowledge, including working abilities with Microsoft Office software.