- 16000J9O Requisition #
- Dec 16, 2016 Post Date
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
• 2+ years of experience with a Bachelors
• Less than a year of experience with a Masters
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Strong knowledge of Mechanical technical principles, theories and concepts
• Strong knowledge of principle engineering discipline and working knowledge in other engineering disciplines
• Experience with Solidworks, modeling practices, design of mechanisms, linkages, material selection, and assembly methods
• Understanding of drafting standards, design progression, GD&T in compliance with ASME Y14.5 and DFSS methodologies
• Understanding of formal V&V activities related to product development
• Basic understanding of optimization for production, reliability and cost
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.