R & D Engineer
- 16000P1W Requisition #
- Dec 21, 2016 Post Date
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Biomedical or related technical field.
- 2-6 years of experience in medical device industry with a track record of success in mechanical engineering and product life cycle support
· (with Master’s degree): 0-3 years of experience in medical device industry with a track record of success in mechanical engineering and product life cycle support.
- Intuitive and insightful problem-solving capability with a proven record of aptitude and strong performance relative to a specific engineering field.
- Intermediate skill using industry standard computer aided design software.
- Intermediate skill using industry standard business and productivity software.
- Some experience designing, developing, and qualifying components as part of a product or system.
- Some experience with prototyping tools, materials and technologies.
- Some experience using electrical and mechanical measurement equipment.
· Some experience in the development of consumer level or medical products.
· Basic knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
· Basic knowledge of surgical procedures and techniques.
- Some experience determining engineering specifications and test requirements.
- Some experience in various manufacturing assembly methods.
- Some experience working with cross-functional teams to execute project plans.
- Experienced using standard engineering documentation practices.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Usual office environment with frequent* sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, balancing, stooping and occasional* climbing.
Frequent* use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling use of office machinery.
Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally* and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
*Occasional: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
*Frequent: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Engineering labs and clinical (hospital or clinic) environment
International travel to Design Centers, Manufacturing plants and Contract manufacturing facilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Medtronic is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
No relocation assistance available. Must be willing/able to relocate at own expense if not local to Sunnyvale, CA.