Senior Project Manager
- 16000FRP Requisition #
- Mar 16, 2017 Post Date
The project manager, reporting to the CIT Core Team Leader, is responsible for creating and maintaining product development, transfer to manufacturing and launch schedules. The project manager will communicate with key stakeholders to ensure a proper schedule is created and maintained through the lifecycle of the project. This position requires close communication with key stakeholders and the core team leader. The project manager is responsible for providing timely updates and communications to keep all stakeholders apprised of critical path and potential blocking items.
· Provide tactical leadership to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors/contract manufacturers for execution of projects
· Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule to monitor and track progress
· Understand product and business objectives and manage project in alignment with business goals
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, and all relevant stakeholders
· Ensure resource availability and allocation, communicate any conflicts or evolving resource needs
· Manage changes to the project scope and project schedule
· Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
· Report and escalate to management potential issues as needed
· Proactively anticipate and identify risk areas and alert stakeholders
· Proactively determine and make recommendations for optimal paths for project success
· Ensure needs of third parties/vendors and contract manufactures are addressed
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and metrics
· Bachelor Degree
· 7+ Years of experience of project management experience
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
· 10+ years in Product Development, Project Management, or Program Management
· 5+ years of experience working with and providing direction for cross-functional teams.
· 7+ years of experience working with medical device products and in the healthcare industry.
· Proven work experience in a multi-functional project management function in medical technology sector
· Experience in FDA approved medical devices (PMA or 510k), preferably in matrixed organizations
· Track record of delivering projects on time
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to provide succinct status reports is critical)
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to communicate up and across the organization proactively
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
· PMP certification a definite plus
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time